• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vote for DROID enGadget!!

I'm referring to the clearing cookies to vote multiple times. That is considered poll abuse on pretty much any site, they can still check IPs. But by them posting that disclaimer, you can pretty much guarantee they'll find any way they can to pick whatever device will gain them more income/fans.

Ah, well I personally only did it once, to see what was possible. I doubt too much of that is vote rigging, but you never know I guess. But as for them rigging the vote, who cares? I'm not gonna sit around and pout fatalistically about how the world is unfair and loves the iphone. That's just silly defeatism.

Upvote 0
yeah, because some people are willing to reconfigure their entire network (routing tables, vpn, etc) just to vote on endgadget. pffffffffft.

It's only a few steps

Step 1, Click Start
step 2, Click run
step 3, In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK
step 4, When the command prompt opens type the following.PRESS ENTER after each new line.
ipconfig /flushdns *Press enter *
ipconfig /release *Press enter *
ipconfig /renew *Press enter *
exit *press enter *

That should give you a new IP from your ISP. You could even create a batch script to run this for you.

Upvote 0
ok, I know cheating isn't "fair" but based on the recent ridiculous number snifflings I can guaranty it is happening.

Here is a quote I would like you to take into consieration before I remind you how you can vote multiple times.

After we've checked for abuse (just say no!) we'll publish the results alongside our own Editors' Choice picks the following week. May the best gadgets win!

ok, in Firefox, go to the voting page and clear your history (ctrl+shift+delete), then vote again, rinse and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and reap..... I know, its not really complicated, and for some reason Engadget isn't smart enough to use some other voting system that stores ips or requeires registration to vote.

so there you go, exploit to your hearts content. :p

oh, haha, didnt realise you were already talking about this right above my post. haha. I used to do the same thing for an online voting thing we had at our school. Needless to say, whatever I voted for won...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones