• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Warning, this phone will self destruct

Please feel free to move this thread to wherever it needs to be moved. Attempted to flash CM7 and followed the directions using roms loaded to my SD and using xiona(sp?). Flash recovery, CM7 rom and gapps all loaded. Terminal emulator, the whole 9. Rebooted and the phone screamed out that it would self destruct in 5 seconds...and then nothing. Screen went black and nothing happened for the next 20 minutes. I ended up pulling the battery and booting into recovery and restoring using xiona. Phone appears to be fine but what did I do wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Xionia is made for froyo you need either blarfs recovery, or clock work recovery. Self destruct was a jokeand there was no boot animation. There is also an updated version of that ROM that came out today. Get the other recovery, select format/wipe data,.flash the ROM, then before you reboot flash gapps. Your first boot will take a little bit sometimes. No more than 5 minutes tops of even that.

Reactions: acacia72
Upvote 0
This just happened to me also. However, I have the clock work recovery 3.02.4. After the self destruct message it's just a blank screen and I have no idea what to do. I pulled the battery and restarted it to no avail. Any help would be appreciated! I have 2.2.2 so I figure that's why it isn't working. I'll switch to the Xionia Redux kernel in the morning and see if it works. I would do it now but I can't find my SD card adapter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones