• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Water Damaged Androids

Cholo42

Lurker
Jul 14, 2013
Hey, the other day some water got on my HTC One X, while it was on. You all know the how the HTC One X's battery cannot be removed, which in turn, I tried to turn it off, but I was only able to restart it by holding the power button. As we all know, turning on a phone while it is wet is a BAD idea, but in this case, it was unavoidable. I put the phone in rice, but all the phone kept on doing was restarting. After about 10 hours (or so) in the rice, the phone died. The last activity I saw was when there was a red flashing on the top of the phone close to the front camera, then everything stopped. I can't upgrade for another year, so I'm pretty much stuck with it until then, but I was wondering if there was ANY way to fix it. Please let me know any and all possible ways. Thanks and cheers!

The thing is, it could be the battery thats goosed but you cant really find out on an HTC lol. Or it could be something else thats broken. Im guessing youre not insured man?
Liquid damage is a terrible thing. Even if someone pulls the battery instantly, the chances are something will go wrong sooner or later :(
Have a beer :beer:

Upvote 0
The thing is, it could be the battery thats goosed but you cant really find out on an HTC lol. Or it could be something else thats broken. Im guessing youre not insured man?
Liquid damage is a terrible thing. Even if someone pulls the battery instantly, the chances are something will go wrong sooner or later :(
Have a beer :beer:

Lol and no, no insurance @-@
And also, Beer's on me xD

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones