• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Way to use Froyo bluetooth dialer instead of Motorola's?

orskier

Lurker
Feb 4, 2010
I'm tired of the slow performance of the Motorola Bluetooth voice dialer. Now with Froyo sporting its own Bluetooth voice dialer, does anyone know if there's a way to switch to it? I am running 2.2. My biggest issue with the Motorola bluetooth voice dialer is that'll take up to 30 seconds from the time I press the dial button on my bluetooth device till it'll be ready for me to say a command. Totally unacceptable! Is my only option to go to a custom ROM?

I'm tired of the slow performance of the Motorola Bluetooth voice dialer. Now with Froyo sporting its own Bluetooth voice dialer, does anyone know if there's a way to switch to it? I am running 2.2. My biggest issue with the Motorola bluetooth voice dialer is that'll take up to 30 seconds from the time I press the dial button on my bluetooth device till it'll be ready for me to say a command. Totally unacceptable! Is my only option to go to a custom ROM?
I get the same thing. Plus, once running, voice command shows up in "sensor time" in spare parts. I don't know if that's hurting the battery (I don't think so).

I think the long delay is only the first time you run it, after that, it pops up faster, but still, it's crazy that it takes that long at all.

Upvote 0
I thought it was the first time too, but it turns out it isnt. If I make a call first thing in the morning, it takes forever. If I make another call right away it comes up almost instantly. However making a call on the way home from work results in it taking forever again. No reboots or anything odd during the day.

So no ideas for switching to the native Froyo bluetooth dialer? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones