• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird/Ambiguous Warnings

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
We see these from time to time, so I thought it might be fun to have a thread to collect them. Some are already in other threads, like funny pictures, so link/repost if you know of one.

What prompted this is a warning I saw on canned air. I use the stuff regularly, but this is the first time I saw the warning. So important, in fact, it's on there twice...with no explanation:

CAM00668-1.jpg

Any ideas?

Perhaps intentional misuse or abuse, might be something like squirting compressed air into your bloodstream or something...causing death by embolism or something very nasty.
Ouch, that would suck.

Though I recall my training with hydraulic systems where they were very adamant about not trying to find leaks with your hands...

Pinhole leaks are invisible, and can inject hot hydraulic fluid deep into your flesh; and the chances are very good that you will lose functionality if not the whole hand when you do.

As for shaking the can, I am thinking that doing so would allow liquid propellant to be ejected from the nozzle when spraying (if so, then there is also a warning about not spraying with the canister inverted), which can be a freezing/frostbite hazard (and potentially an inhalation hazard, depending on the chemical).

Upvote 0
^^^chingrish is an excellent site!
I did contribute a few to that site once. :D

Here's one I spotted yesterday in an upscale shopping mall, that's having some remodelling done.
3cb269f8b5e201ad0726a34e5267c27a.jpg

So the inconvenience is for the people doing the construction and not the customers? I think I understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At least two of those are shopped...

But really, in the world of funny ambiguous warning signs does that really matter? My wife saw them on the book of faces and sent them to me - I have told her about this thread. She laughed, I laughed, so I shared. There are more.

Upvote 0
Sometimes it's just more scary when it's real. But that's a thought for another, more political thread.:D

And it's often more fun when disparate ideas and threads cross over, to make new connections and avenues to explore.;)

Later edit: And let's not underestimate the value of another favorite cross over of mine: How much fun it can be, to be truly scared s***less.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How about this sign in Florida?

FloridaVendingSign.jpg

Obviously, a WAY-overpaid Florida bureaucrat worked a long time on this sign. The sign with a toll-free number you can call to get a cash reward. But only if the sign isn't there. The sign that tells you who to call to get a cash reward.

Brilliant.

Upvote 0
How about this sign in Florida?

View attachment 109895
Obviously, a WAY-overpaid Florida bureaucrat worked a long time on this sign. The sign with a toll-free number you can call to get a cash reward. But only if the sign isn't there. The sign that tells you who to call to get a cash reward.

Brilliant.

That makes no sense whatsoever. The sign conveys no information so what's the point? It can't be real.
But ok - find a machine. Rip sign off. Claim the reward. Easy money :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones