• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Weird game emulator performance after overclock

I have a rooted optimus on 2.2.2. I just flashed the 2.2.1 OC kernel. All my games now run smoother but at the same time they still slow down from time to time.Ive been using gensoid,snesoid,tiger arcade. Im new to Overclocking and i thought wouldnt a CPU boost make these games run at full speed? And my phone barely seems stable at 787mhz. Can somebody diagnosis this problem? Side Note. My games were at 95% full speed at 600mhz so wats up?

Ur making ur processor work too hard.....there's no fan or heat synch to cool it down and bcuz its overheating u get bad performance ....same thing happens with my laptop where the fan barely does anything and I have to use another one

Ah nuts. I figured this. I will be doing more testing today. And gameboid doesnt seem to be affected by this. Strange....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones