• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Phone Behavior USB Port Related

emerica243

Feb 21, 2010
So ive had my eris for about a year now. And now when i plug the usb in to charge the phone, the touchscreen goes all wacky. The phone basically loses full functionality. The light up buttons dont function, you have to try multiple times to get the screen to recognize your finger swipes, etc. If you press on the plastic of the phone around the trackball/usb port the phone goes wacky on screen clicking stuff itsself.

Im guessing something is weirding out with the connections in that area or something making the phone do stuff itsself. I bought the phone from a person online about a year ago, would HTC covery this faultyness of the phone? If so how would i go about the process/how long does it take, etc. Are there any home remedies(taking apart the phone and doing something, etc.)?

Thanks

It started just left, with just the trackball issue a month ago. But now when plugged it, its all over the place. Do you know if HTC deals with these issues specifically? since i dont use verizon as my carrier i cant go through them. It would suck if im just sol, seems like a waste of $300 of a phone.

Upvote 0
It started just left, with just the trackball issue a month ago. But now when plugged it, its all over the place. Do you know if HTC deals with these issues specifically? since i dont use verizon as my carrier i cant go through them. It would suck if im just sol, seems like a waste of $300 of a phone.

I don't know... from what I read, it seems that Verizon was replacing them. You could always call HTC and ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones