• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What apps does the Android browser depend on?

aznn1nja

Lurker
Nov 10, 2011
I have an old Samsung Moment with a terminated plan on android 2.2 (froyo). It's rooted, on custom ROM(DL05 beta6) and kernel(SDX DL05 v1, no LED), although everything was fine when I just flashed. However, to turn off the phone radio and free some RAM, I renamed the phone.apk, TelephonyProvider.apk, Contacts.apk, Mms.apk, ContactsProvider.apk, Calculator.apk, cm-android.apk (voicemail), and Music.apk so that they wouldn't be started when the system boots (or at all, for that matter).
Now, I'm receiving a browser FC everytime I start the browser, and this includes Skyfire as well as the stock browser app. It almost starts to load, but then FC's. Any help to fix this would be appreciated. It also says the the "Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps)" FC'd randomly when I open apps and also periodically. What is causing this? I would like to fix these annoying FC problems ASAP (they cause the phone to vibrate and stall... rendering it semi-unusable) Thank you for your time! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones