• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you currently reading?

I did a search and found the thread you were referring to. For those that are interested OTD's post can be found here:
http://androidforums.com/1012039-post43.html

Was about to move that over here but it seems its still going. Think i'll PM OTD and see what she says....

Thanks though skorpios... i been wondering about that thread for the longest(though i of course never went and looked for it:rolleyes:)

Upvote 0
just wodering if anyone else has picked up any of the Joe Ledger novels by Jonathan Maberry? Patient Zero and The Dragon Factory were both epic reads, so much so that I dug and found copies of his previous work The Pine Deep Trilogy. Pine Deep is a modern day horror story, very well written, but the Joe Ledger series (third book is in the works :D ) is bad a$$. Think cutting edge high tech dna sequencing and genetic engineering meets kicking a$$ and taking names small group of spec ops soldiers. If you like sci-fi meets action then def check out Maberry, you wont be let down.

From Wiki:
His current novel Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel, is a bioterrorism thriller that launches a new series for St. Martin's Press. It is scheduled to be followed in 2010 by The Dragon Factory and in 2011 by The King of Plagues. The first three books in the series have been optioned by producer Michael De Luca (Se7en, Magnolia, Blade) on behalf of Sony.

Upvote 0
I just started ...
bush-book-cp-8548422.jpg

Upvote 0
I know how you feel. It's hard waiting for "The Omen Machine" to come out:(

Tried to sign up to goodkind's forums and that sh*t is jacked up(long story)... i need some sort of fix. Not sure if i gonna re-read nightangel of finally start black prism or what....

whats the deal with this fire and ice stuff i keep hearing about? Details?

Upvote 0
whats the deal with this fire and ice stuff i keep hearing about? Details?

Think of fire and ice going down the path of Steven King's Dark Tower septology. I.E. expect it to be a very long time until it gets completed. I started reading the series back in 2003 and I've been waiting for the 5th book for the past 5 years. Expected publication date is 2011...but they've been saying something like that for the past 4 years...I used to be a big fan. I followed all the developements religiously from Martin's blog to fan stuff just to be up to date with everything. Now, like thousands of other fans...I've become a resentful fan. If you're OK with waiting for years for each book to come out then read what's out. If you don't have the patience to wait then don't.

Upvote 0
Think of fire and ice going down the path of Steven King's Dark Tower septology. I.E. expect it to be a very long time until it gets completed. I started reading the series back in 2003 and I've been waiting for the 5th book for the past 5 years. Expected publication date is 2011...but they've been saying something like that for the past 4 years...I used to be a big fan. I followed all the developements religiously from Martin's blog to fan stuff just to be up to date with everything. Now, like thousands of other fans...I've become a resentful fan. If you're OK with waiting for years for each book to come out then read what's out. If you don't have the patience to wait then don't.
What about his Dunk and Egg or Wild Cars series? Anyone read them and are they any good?

Upvote 0
Am I correct in thinking this is the 'Shadows' series (and where you got your name?). I've queued up The Way of Shadows in Aldiko as my next read, just want to make sure I've got the right series before I wade in.

I snuck a couple of other books in between then and now, but I've finally started the first book in the series - it's off to a very good start. I can see where this is going to be one of those where I read all three books back to back.

Upvote 0
I snuck a couple of other books in between then and now, but I've finally started the first book in the series - it's off to a very good start. I can see where this is going to be one of those where I read all three books back to back.

It was definitely one that I couldn't put down, though sword of truth had more epicness nightangel was action packed. Might just reread it... having trouble trying to pick what to read now after SoT. Was gonna start this King of the Isles series (something like that), will have to Look and see what it was called again

Upvote 0
I've tried reading a few John le Carre books and just can't do it. The stories always seem like they'd be good, but I just don't care for his writing style. I'm not sure what it is, but eventually I just put don't the book and say "nope, can't do it".
His writing style is definitely his own. His earlier novels were easier to read, so you may want to try The Spy Who Came in from the Cold. It has the dual distinction of being both populist (something like 30,000,000 copies sold) and well-regarded (TIME magazine All Time 100 Novels).

If someone is coming from a generic-thriller background (ie. Ludlum, Silva, Brown, Crichton, Grisham, etc.), then I recommend The Night Manager. I think it's his most mainstream and his fastest-paced one--and I use the term 'fast-paced' lightly, as le Carr

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones