• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you watching or streaming now?

So far I've only seen a total of four of the Studio Ghibli films (with Princess Mononoke being on my iTunes) and there ain't a single one that didn't make me cry. I have tears after seeing any of them. They hit me on such an emotional level. Especially with Spirited Away. In that movie, the music works so well with the scenery. Even just at the title card at the very beginning that first few notes of the music tears me up.

A little bit of trivia here...Originally, Grave of the Fireflies was part of a double-feature, playing first, followed by My Neighbor Totoro, many theories suggesting the latter was to make up for the former's effect on audiences, but in many American theatres, they showed Totoro first, then Fireflies, leaving people quite messed up.

At least at the beginning of Fireflies, you not only know the ending before seeing the film, but at least you know that he is reunited with his sister in some sort of spiritual realm, for better or worse. God they knew how to animate! Dragonball Z ain't got nothing on Studio Ghibli

View attachment 166149

This sounds like my Chinese grade 7 middle school sudents with their manga comics, that I sometimes have to confiscate during my English lessons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones