• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What factors about the the S3 should I know before buying?

I just got mine Glalxy s3 a couple of days ago,
and have to get used to it, switching over from iPhone
Right now, struggling all day to transfer my iPhone contacts to the new sgs3 device.

It's a real issue for me as I don't like to hand type a 150 contacts.

But the blame rather goes to Apple.
I tried the advertised Software easy phone tunes.... it may works well to sync from
iTunes but it won't handle contacts transfer as you can't store your iPhone contact's on iTunes.
Apart from this, it's a very nice phone will keep you busy to discover all the features...including updating ring tones and sounds witch I found not that special... The vivid colors just as the sgs2 will make u happy any time you look at your phone... I would buy it again...

This may have been answered later, but it's so simple and easy you feel a fool after doing it. On your iTunes, where it says sync contacts, change from outlook to google. It will ask you for your google password and sync contacts to that.
Now, when you set up an android phone, your contacts are automatically transferred to your android phone from your Google account.
So simple, it really is. Then iTunes, simply download doubletwist to your pc and it will import your iTunes library. Then sync with your new android and voila.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else experienced these issues??
The lag on the keyboard when going from messaging to the home screen is immense on my phone. Also sometimes the phone just stops responding and I am unable to swipe through my home screens.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What keyboard is this? It looks soooo much better than the stock keyboard on S3.

Upvote 0
Got one 4 days ago. my gripes.
1. It is big
2. It censored my speech to text. **** comes out as F***. If I wanted F*** I would have said F***, When I did that for Kicks it came back F Star Star Star. I am already driving in heavy traffic at 5 pm, you think being censored is helpful. Was able to disable it though.
Biggest gripe. Group messages come back individually so you have no idea who is saying what. Apparently no one at google send group texts or maybe they use iphones and bb for business and just play games on their ice cream sandwiches. I have a couple more day to return the phone with just restocking charge if i can not resolve this.

Upvote 0
Got one 4 days ago. my gripes.
1. It is big
2. It censored my speech to text. **** comes out as F***. If I wanted F*** I would have said F***, When I did that for Kicks it came back F Star Star Star. I am already driving in heavy traffic at 5 pm, you think being censored is helpful. Was able to disable it though.
Biggest gripe. Group messages come back individually so you have no idea who is saying what. Apparently no one at google send group texts or maybe they use iphones and bb for business and just play games on their ice cream sandwiches. I have a couple more day to return the phone with just restocking charge if i can not resolve this.

Dont see why you complained about censoring when you know it can be disabled.

And there is not group messaging built in, there may be an app for it but i dont know. And i bet no one at google uses iphones or bb's for business. Group messaging is not widely used and not used with any business i am aware of. Its actually an annoyance for me when a friend with an iphone sends a group message and i get messages from all their friends who i dont know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones