• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happened to launch date?

satellitez

Sep 14, 2011
Proxima Centauri
Samsung failed to launch the Sprint Epic 4g touch galaxy s II as advertised.
On 9/16 I went over to the local Bestbuy and was told by the sales man "we only received 2 devices and they sold already. We don't have a demo either.. not sure when we will get more."

So I decided to go to a local Sprint store. And the salesman there tells me "samsung pushed the launch date back. We will have them Monday. No other Sprint store will have it either so don't bother. No demo phone either."

WHAT HAPPENED!??!

Samsung didn't screw anything up, nor did they change the launch date.

The stores in my local area have all had theirs since Weds and Thursday of this past week.

There was only two preorders at my store and since I was out of town yesterday, I walked into another Sprint corporate store at 10:00, there were no lines and they had plenty in stock...and not one person had pre-ordered.

I'm thinking Sprint screwed up on the distribution from wherever their main warehouse is.

Upvote 0
LOL Sprint lives up to it's rep on device launches!!

Lets see if they mess up the launch for the iPhone, my quess is going to be no. I think the Epic 4g Touch is the first phone to have all its advertising done by us... all done over the internet on forums. I still havent seen 1 commercial about the phone, or spoken with 1 sprint store rep in my area that knows anything about when they are getting it.

Upvote 0
Lets see if they mess up the launch for the iPhone, my quess is going to be no. I think the Epic 4g Touch is the first phone to have all its advertising done by us... all done over the internet on forums. I still havent seen 1 commercial about the phone, or spoken with 1 sprint store rep in my area that knows anything about when they are getting it.

Obviously you dont watch tv.....the ad was quite visible the week before launch.

Upvote 0
Advertising has been minimal for this phone. But who cares. Bravo to those who are in the know. I have yet to see this phone in my area. I should have mentioned I'm in Phoenix, Az. So it's just past midnight and now it's Monday. I will be going to my local Sprint store in the morning to see if they have it. Will keep everyone posted here.

Upvote 0
Got my Epic Touch on Friday (supposed official launch date) at my local Best Buy and sold my HTC EVO to them for $132. What really pissed me off was when the employee told me that there wasn't a lot of excitement or interest in the Epic Touch all morning and there wasn't a line of people like when the HTC EVO first hit last year.

Leave it to Sprint to drop the ball on the "BEST" smart phone on the market just because the damn iphoney is coming out in Oct.

Reactions: satellitez
Upvote 0
Best thing was my wife and I were at the mall saturday night and stopped at the sprint kiosk there and they said there was a shipping problem and NOBODY had them until tuesday. This was not an official Sprint kiosk, it was one of the resellers. So we went across the street to the official sprint store and picked one up. They had plenty in stock too.

Reactions: satellitez
Upvote 0
So the only place within 30 miles of here to have this phone today was the Sprint corporate store. I went and had a look and I must say this phone is amazing. It's unreal how light it is.. and the screen, well in my opinion is the best possible display on a phone on this planet, at this time.

I'm waiting for tomorrow to get it because I'm off. I know if I got it on a work day I would be in trouble :p

Upvote 0
You can bet all the lemmings will be lining up for the Sprint iPhone.
Yeah.. I was once brainwashed by Apple too. It's weird how iPhone is like some sort of cult. Final verdict, iPhone users will always think they're at least a step ahead.

iPhone = Lemmings
Lemmings = iPhone
Get it?
It's a girl phone. Not for the tech savvy.

Enjoys your Epic Touches my peoplesss

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones