• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What I Have Done With a Droid Now That It's Rooted

So I rooted my droid with the update.zip found in the tutorial Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid

And i have the little ninja icon with superuser permission app.

I installed Root Explorer but now every time I go to open Root Explorer I keep coming up with the same error. It tells me Root Explorer still hasn't gained root access. It says that may happen the first time I open the program because of issues with Superuser but after that it shouldn't be an issue. But yet the issue continues...

That happened to me. Try rebooting the phone and re-installing if necessary.

Eventually it worked.

Upvote 0
I got su working locally following the post at AllDroid. The wifi router doesn't work though, it's missing netlist.

The only program I have so far that takes advantage of root is a screen capture app :(

I'm installing Smoked Glass 6.0.1 and my phone keeps rebooting itself, never getting pass the initial boot images. I get the DROID followed by the blue eye that changes into the Nexus image and then the phone reloops, displaying DROID followed by the blue eye and Nexus image and again it does the same thing. This continually happens over and over. Initially I was coming from a UD V9.8, so thinking that was the problem I restored back to a unrooted ESE81 with SPRecovery and tried it then only to have the same loop take place again.

I should note that after downloading the file from several sources including Adamz FTP server, I had to change the file type myself to ".tgz".

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I'm installing Smoked Glass 6.0.1 and my phone keeps rebooting itself, never getting pass the initial boot images. I get the DROID followed by the blue eye that changes into the Nexus image and then the phone reloops, displaying DROID followed by the blue eye and Nexus image and again it does the same thing. This continually happens over and over. Initially I was coming from a UD V9.8, so thinking that was the problem I restored back to a unrooted ESE81 with SPRecovery and tried it then only to have the same loop take place again.

I should note that after downloading the file from several sources including Adamz FTP server, I had to change the file type myself to ".tgz".

Any thoughts?

not sure why you posted in this thread. but did you try wiping the data and cache? you really need to do that when changing roms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones