• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is flash , Odin and Root ? Android System 88% Battery Status

I am sorry to ask , but I am really new to all of this . I just got my Behold II with android 1.6 on it.

I don't understand what is root the phone , flash the phone using ODIN to save battery .

Also my phone rightnow when I check the battery information , it said " Android system 88% of battery" " Phone Standon 6% " , Is this because the new Android 1.6 making my battery drainning so fast because rightnow I am using with a little of playing around , WIFI , and then I turn off the WIFI again , the battery still didn't last for at least 24 hours . I didn't making too much calling also .

Please help .
Thanks for all of your helpful information .

Root means to give "Root Access" to the phone (Think "Administrator", but more powerful)

ODIN is the program used to "Flash" software to the phone.

Flashing means to overwrite the core of the phone's software with new software

The battery 88% for "Android System" just means that 88% of the battery total usage is by the core system.

Whether you get 5 hours or 50 hours of battery life, that % probably won't change TOO much, as the Android System usually uses the most.

Reactions: Zino_BeholdII
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones