• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What Is "GSMNet.JPG" And How To Get Rid Of It Permenantly???

kblanco

Feb 2, 2015
I'm hoping I'm asking in the right place as I've not had to much issue with any Android I've ever had. But I've been getting this pic "GSMNet.jpg" that's been showing up in my Gallery as a blank - greyed out really - pic when you open it. The first time I simply deleted it from within the Gallery as I'll download a pic or two on occasion and then move it eventually off the phone and on to my laptop. I simply thought it was trying to access where the file was no longer and getting an error. Then when it came back I ran it down through the file explorer I downloaded and deleted the pic and even it's folder, putting both in the recycle bin to make sure it didn't hurt the phone. But the damn thing keeps coming back and I want it gone for good.

I'm running a new Motorola Moto G, 4.4.4. I haven't really had an issue with the whole Kitkat, SD Card thing now that I know how to work with the limitations. I don't use the stock gallery, rather an app called QuickPic which I prefer as it's more detailed. Also I near religiously update. It should be noted that somehow, I'm not sure if I downloaded it from somewhere or it came stock installed, but SnapTube somehow made its way onto my phone. I find it useful but when it recently asked to update, it didn't go to the Play store. It went to a website and asked to (I think it's called) side load the update. I had to go into the operations of the phone and uncheck the box to accept apps from elsewhere than the Play store and checked the box back again afterwards. I don't think it has anything to do with the issue, and I pretty well trust the app (I should shouldn't I?) but figured I'd mention it. GSMNet.jpg when I throw it out onto the net in some form comes back as having been written by some guy in Europe and/or the GSM standard that the phone uses. So I'm hesitant to delete more than the pic itself and the immediate folder it resides in. Both McAfee for Android and also MalwareBytes don't have a problem with anything as McAfee is set to scan everyday and I just downloaded MalwareBytes and also scanned with it.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones