• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the best phone to get if...

Depends a lot on your budget. Any Android phone would be ideal for you. There are a 1000 thousand apps (And I mean literally!) which you can install on your Android phone which will do just what you want ---> Write notes on your Android device and transfer them to your PC/laptop.

If your mail goal is to type, go with the cheapest keyboard phone you can find. Desire Z, though a little old, comes to mind. I am sure there a ton of other cheaper and more expensive alternatives.

Upvote 0
Depends a lot on your budget. Any Android phone would be ideal for you. There are a 1000 thousand apps (And I mean literally!) which you can install on your Android phone which will do just what you want ---> Write notes on your Android device and transfer them to your PC/laptop.

If your mail goal is to type, go with the cheapest keyboard phone you can find. Desire Z, though a little old, comes to mind. I am sure there a ton of other cheaper and more expensive alternatives.
This phone would never go online...would only be used as a word processor, and to transfer to PC.

Upvote 0
Honestly, any android smartphone will due as long as you can connect to wifi to download the necessary word processing apps. The down side is that most retailers give you a discount when buying the phone and locking you into a 1 to 2 yrs. contract with a plan. Since your not using it to make phone calls, a small tablet is the best way to go. (Most low end android phones are above $100 unlocked, meaning no carrier commitment. Check with friends and family members and see if they will give you their old phone. (Most people don't trade in their old phones when they upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones