• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps What is the fastest way to compile, if none, to test android code/OS changes?

Are there any developers here? I cannot seem to find an android development forums so I will ask here. (or you can refer me to any forums you know)

I have found that the equivalent of "udev" in Android OS is the init.rc. The problem is after I edited the init.rc file, and compiled for about 2 hours, my changes just didn't work! A simple

Code:
on device-added-/dev/sda1
    mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /usbdrive

on device-removed-/dev/sda1
    umount /usbdrive

didn't work!

Is there a way to test my changes to init.rc file without recompiling the whole Android OS? How do developers test changes to Android OS? Do they always wait for 2 hours (normal computers) before they can check if their modifications worked? It's not efficient this way...

Regards

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones