• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is your dream vacation?

Any 5-star hotel within walking distance of a Museum.

So far have done it in ...

Boston
Providence
NYC
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Washington D.C.
Chicago
London
Paris
Amsterdam
Vienna

On the list for 2015 ... Rome, Milan and Prague (hopefully)

that is great! may this year 2015 brings you more opportunity to travel..

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Well, here's not what I want.
I don't care for high end hotels, helicopter rides, tours of a country or anything like that.

What would be perfect? Taking a road trip with my best friend and I. Just the two of us, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Niagra Falls, Yellow Stone where ever the road takes us.

That would be my idea of a vacation.

We've done that. All across the US and Canada. We had our 2 cats with us and a converted 63 Chevy station wagon.
Did a mini version with no cats and my Triumph Spitfire in eastern Canada. We met more people on that trip since the Spitfire had its usual ailments. The Vulcan had a tough time believing you could gap points with a matchbook.

The last was offroading on the Shafer Trail in Moab. There's usually no noise back there unless a mini mog with a radio blasting or a pack of trail bikes come by. Just lay there on a blanket, listen to the wind and the ravens and admire the red rocks.

Upvote 0
Well, here's not what I want.
I don't care for high end hotels, helicopter rides, tours of a country or anything like that.

What would be perfect? Taking a road trip with my best friend and I. Just the two of us, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Niagra Falls, Yellow Stone where ever the road takes us.

That would be my idea of a vacation.

Seems very exciting to me.. those places are breath-taking.. I have seen pictures of friends going in Grand Canyon..
It is my hearts desire to go to those places as well

Upvote 0
So that explains it. Santa Claus is Saturnian.

santa-claus-conquers-the-martians-poster.jpg

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Gencon with our hotel beside the convention centre. I went this year for the first time, but our hotel was a one-hour shuttle ride away. You really miss a lot due to the inconvenience of the commute. Next year, we plan to book early.

Got a hotel by the convention centre for Gencon. It seemed I should have booked earlier. Not many rooms left, but at least I got one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones