• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what keyboards are u guys using?

If you want the best "User rated" slider type keyboards, Swype LOSES.

We ran a poll and after much heated debate and testing, the outcome in rankings, best to worst was as follows:

Ultra Keyboard
SlideIT Keyboard
Swype
Shapewriter

Reasons:
Ultra is only like $2.89, free thems, customizable size, layout, toolbard and it's very functional. ***Has speech to text button built in

SlideIT - feels most refined, not very customizable but the actual swyping and it's response is phenomenal. it will set you back more than 8 bucks though...
***Has speech to text built in

Swype... Looks like all of you are plenty familiar with Swype. It needs more development

Shapewriter - Garbage IMO

here's the thread. (the poll is not accurate, read the posts for actual preferences) http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/195076-swype-v-slideit-v-shapewriter.html

Upvote 0
I am using the Droid2 Multitouch because the buttons are bigger. I tried Swype, but that is only good for fast one finger typing. I am a thumb typer so I need Multitouch for one and then having the bigger keys in landscape mode work great.

I tried to attach the .zip, but there is an error with the site.

Just can't seem to find the right one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones