• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what this icon is

SuperLuis

Lurker
May 12, 2020
Hello, everyone.

I need help identifying the app that uses this notification icon Someone can help me?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20200512_035503.jpg
    20200512_035503.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 242
What would be the answer with a good outcome?

It is a dating app? Nope, then your girlfriend is cheating on you. (or at least thinking about it.)
It isn't a dating app? Okay, so your girlfriend isn't cheating on you, but you are spying on her.
It is a dating app, but you're okay with your girlfriend dating other people. Then why do you care?
It is an encrypted notification from a black ops agency who your girlfriend works for and you're 5 minutes away from the black SUV's pulling up. Nice knowin' ya.
It is a dating app, but your girlfriend was trying to arrange a surprise threesome for your birthday.

or, she's got a 10% off coupon from a new juice bar called "the smiling strawberry".

Upvote 0
It's on my girlfriend's cell phone and I don't have access, I just suspect it is some dating app.
Yeah I knew that would be the case: we get one or two of these most days and it's always the same story. If some of the reactions seem a bit jaded, that's why.

I hesitate to offer anyone relationship advice, but realistically your options are to ask her, to forget about it, or to be worried and suspicious and let that destroy the relationship. There are hundreds of thousands of apps out there (including a frankly staggering number with strawberry themes - who knew?) so the chances of someone recognising a particular app from the notification icon icon are very slim (and on the rare occasions we can it's usually a fitness app or a "like" notification from some social network, because things that look like hearts are the most common prompt for such queries).

Out of curiosity I did check and there is actually an app called Strawberry Dating. Before you panic though the icon looks nothing like that, and as it's only had about 100 downloads in total and a solitary one star review you'd be pretty safe even if she had installed it ;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones