• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What's Next after ZTE Awe?

Id be happy if one of the KK roms got video working... I put lollipop on my Nexus 7 and it lagged like crazy.

Yes, I did the same with my 2012 Nexus 7 and had the same issues. Really downgraded a still pretty decent tablet to something you can buy on Amazon for 75 bucks. I haven't looked a ton into it because I've still got my Awe and a PS4 thats occupying my time now but I'm sure we could revert back to Kitkat or JB if we wanted to. If I remember correctly though, root has to be done with a CPU (no SD card spot) and what has held me back from delving farther in is EW3, a game I put 100s of hours into, won't allow rooted players.

Upvote 0
Just curious on what you guys think about the LG Volt also I was wondering if I get another Zte Awe do use think it will be worth it basically I am looking for a new toy that has a lot of development as far as roms and kernels PS I need root on any device I do get any recommendations more info will be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
Just curious on what you guys think about the LG Volt also I was wondering if I get another Zte Awe do use think it will be worth it basically I am looking for a new toy that has a lot of development as far as roms and kernels PS I need root on any device I do get any recommendations more info will be greatly appreciated
I check to see if any devlopent is done on the volt there going to b an kernal up date on the awe don't know when the awe has a lot of ROMs and cm 12 is in works

Upvote 0
I just heard that Motorola released the Moto E for Virgin (apparently only available at Wal-Mart). Looks pretty decent. Comes with Lollipop out of the box. On-line reviews are mixed, but for the price it looks like an awesome phone. Anyone heard anything else about it?
Have fun trying to root it and having full control

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones