• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats The Most EXPENSIVE App You've Seen

Rico ANDROID

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
In Cell Phone SIMetery
OKay, so i was goofing off today, browsing "The Android Marketplace" and came accross an app that almost made me drop an ungodly load when i read the price!!!

peepers-1.gif

What is the most expensive app you' ve found in GooglePAY and would you even pay that much for an app? Do you think the app is worth the price?

Here's MY contribution and my aswer is "NO" and "NO". I am curious to see if anyone can beat MY BID!!!!

Upvote 0
Palm was the OS for all that medical stuff. Medical people were really upset when Palm went. Everything was tracked and entered on Palm. I suppose a lot of this app and others had to be coded to work like the Palm program and incorporate some of the old databases for these people.

Compared to the casual user, it's a small market.

The priciest I've found that I'd consider is Sibley's Birds.

Upvote 0
Palm was the OS for all that medical stuff. Medical people were really upset when Palm went. Everything was tracked and entered on Palm. I suppose a lot of this app and others had to be coded to work like the Palm program and incorporate some of the old databases for these people.

Compared to the casual user, it's a small market.

The priciest I've found that I'd consider is Sibley's Birds.

I agree. A lot of nedical offices utilized Palm.....now about that SIBLEY'$ BIRDS....
...heh-heh...
picsay-1349557085.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't think I've ever spent more than $4 or $5 on an app. I do want to get Tasker at some point though. And if I'm ever feeling really crazy, I'll splurge for the $15 Android version of Final Fantasy III.

I could see spending $4 or $5 for a game, but definitely not $15 for a cell phone game.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Think I've bought a couple of 9.99 and 14.99. Haven't done Sibley yet.
Audubon (Birds, Trees, Flowers) were 9.99 and Sky Safari plus was 14.99

I'm eying a PDF from O'Reilly. "Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders" sold by O'Reilly, not Play. I have the book, but I like the telrad charts. PDF is the same price as the book. Rather use the phone or the tablet when outside with the scope. I can stick the phone in my pocket.

The app for Android is free - but you would have to buy the PC Quicken to get it if you want Quicken.

I don't want or need maps - but I would love to have the geological road logs for all the places we visit. National Park Serivce put out quite a few as free PDF guides.

Upvote 0
Think I've bought a couple of 9.99 and 14.99. Haven't done Sibley yet.
Audubon (Birds, Trees, Flowers) were 9.99 and Sky Safari plus was 14.99

I'm eying a PDF from O'Reilly. "Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders" sold by O'Reilly, not Play. I have the book, but I like the telrad charts. PDF is the same price as the book. Rather use the phone or the tablet when outside with the scope. I can stick the phone in my pocket.

The app for Android is free - but you would have to buy the PC Quicken to get it if you want Quicken.

I don't want or need maps - but I would love to have the geological road logs for all the places we visit. National Park Serivce put out quite a few as free PDF guides.

Ive been eyeballing the pdf app too!... wharrs that silbey link ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have that app. At some point after I bought it, they massively increased the price. I think I paid something on the order of $5 for it.

It's a good app. Definitely worth the $5 or whatever that it cost me. I can't imagine that it'd be worth the fifteen times as much that it now costs.

You were lucky!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones