• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the point?

Hey there riverdogrj, glad to have you here :)

Certain things are set in place in specific sections to deter spam bots from spamming out forums. Our community has grown to over a million members and with that amount of members come a lot of spambots.

Hopefully you can understand why we put these in place and have a better experience here at AF in the near future! :)

Upvote 0
Wow, I came here to ask for help, made an account and started a thread, then was told I couldn't post links or images until I introduced myself, but I didn't have links or images in my post. So, I came here for the introduction and now I'm reading I need to post three responses in order to ask for help?

Really? I came here for a little help, not to immerse myself into a commune. For all of you who want to do that, that's fine and enjoy your website, but most of us don't. I can't keep up with facebook and my emails everyday, without adding something else like this.

Upvote 0
Thanks EarlyMon - I appreciate the assistance. I will try now to post on the Galaxy S3 sub-forum, regarding info I'm looking for on downloadable books.

For EarlyMon - I see there is a media subforum so I will try that instead of the Galaxy forum as it seems to fit my question better. I will contact you should I have any problems. Thanks again for your willingness to assist.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Wow, I came here to ask for help, made an account and started a thread, then was told I couldn't post links or images until I introduced myself, but I didn't have links or images in my post. So, I came here for the introduction and now I'm reading I need to post three responses in order to ask for help?

Really? I came here for a little help, not to immerse myself into a commune. For all of you who want to do that, that's fine and enjoy your website, but most of us don't. I can't keep up with facebook and my emails everyday, without adding something else like this.

Reading further down the post chain, sschriver, you will see that you should be able to post right away in any forum, except for the Classifieds section...

You cannot, however, post links in your first post, this is to deter spambots from spamming links everywhere, sorry if this bothers you :(

Anyhow, thanks for joining and i hope your future experiences with AF are better! :D

Upvote 0

We're not trying to rope you in.

The image/link message is generic, you could have triggered it with a funny misspelling or something.

We're the oldest and largest Android forum. We're a target. This week we've suppressed nearly 4,000 spamming attempts.

If you just want to get in, find an answer and get out, that's cool. :) We want what you want, getting the answer without a flood of spam.

We apologize for any inconvenience that our anti-spam measures have imposed on you and appreciate your patience in working with us on this. :)

Reactions: eyebeam
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones