• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats this snapdragon bs?

Isn't there a mod or someone that could ban sweetener from posting in the eris boards?

Keep the troll in his dungeon
HTC Incredible - Android Forums

As for the rest of us understand your constant info about how the incredible will be faster, however going on and on about how the eris fails on the eris board seems as smart as going to Jamaica and hating black people.

Upvote 0
Isn't there a mod or someone that could ban sweetener from posting in the eris boards?

Keep the troll in his dungeon
HTC Incredible - Android Forums

As for the rest of us understand your constant info about how the incredible will be faster, however going on and on about how the eris fails on the eris board seems as smart as going to Jamaica and hating black people.
the analogies you guys come up with crack me up.

Upvote 0
Well, I too have read the rumors about it being both underclocked or at 1 Ghz, and I think it will be underclocked. Notice, my initial post did not say that it won't come at 1Ghz. I said it probably won't. With devices like this, you never know until it is finally released. So your rants and my responses are all just speculation until the 29th.

RAM is more important than CPU speed. The Incredible has plenty of it and that will be what helps multitasking.

You know who you sound like?
mandark2.jpg

That is fairly inaccurate and a somewhat generic response. Overall CPU architecture, CPU cache, as well as TLB would arguably be more important. How the CPU handles multitasking..or more accurately how it handles threading is crucial.

Only true multiprocessor or multicore systems can "multitask". Otherwise, the processor is working on different threads inside different processes all at the same time. That's why the Eris gets SLOWER AND SLOWER AND SLOWER depending on how much is running. Unless God forbid, it writes back to ROM as a swap disk. It probably does and that really blows.

Not to mention what no one else has brought up...GPU power, which is critical when you have fancy graphics in the UI.

More RAM only helps if you completely run out of it. Better, faster CPU's combined with better, faster RAM, faster GPU, and BETTER CODE makes the whole system faster.

I love my Eris, I hate how laggy it gets. Lets face it, HTC made a little bit of a boo boo in selecting a processor for Eris. No biggie, but it is frustrating sometimes.

Upvote 0
There's always something bigger and better out there. We all fall victim to it. Without that yearning for something better, though, society would be a sucky place to live.

Nevertheless, the Incredible isn't going to be the best. It's all about the EVO 4G. VZW never has the most powerful Android device for more than a month or two. :(

Upvote 0
There's always something bigger and better out there. We all fall victim to it. Without that yearning for something better, though, society would be a sucky place to live.

Nevertheless, the Incredible isn't going to be the best. It's all about the EVO 4G. VZW never has the most powerful Android device for more than a month or two. :(

Yea. The only phone that would make me want to ditch my Droid Eris is the EVO 4G.

Upvote 0

The Unbelievable will be replacing the Incredible in August, followed closely by the Incomprehensible. Rumor has it the next thing in the pipeline after that is the HTC WTF.

--Mark

Upvote 0
honestly, yes the eris is a little slow, but is it really that much of an issue?
i bought the eris over the moto droid for that specific reason. i dont know the specs of the moto droid, but i know that its much faster blah blah freakin blah.....do you REALLY need a phone that is as fast as your computer? thats the whole reason we have computers and phones as two separate devices.

dont trip. the phone is a phone, not a computer and you shouldnt be placed such a high expectancy on it. ya its a smartphone, but its an ENTRY LEVEL smartphone.

Upvote 0
honestly, yes the eris is a little slow, but is it really that much of an issue?
i bought the eris over the moto droid for that specific reason. i dont know the specs of the moto droid, but i know that its much faster blah blah freakin blah.....do you REALLY need a phone that is as fast as your computer? thats the whole reason we have computers and phones as two separate devices.

dont trip. the phone is a phone, not a computer and you shouldnt be placed such a high expectancy on it. ya its a smartphone, but its an ENTRY LEVEL smartphone.

I don't believe the droid is much more powerful or at least implemented in a way in which you can tell.

They are restricted by the android os so basically they will feel the same no matter the power. Just like how the incredible will feel very much like the eris even though it is 5x more powerful. Sure smoother, but it will not be like you wil be able to tell for a typical user.

Same goes with computers. 90% use their computers to basically web browse so why must you buy a quad core for that?

Upvote 0
I don't believe the droid is much more powerful or at least implemented in a way in which you can tell.

They are restricted by the android os so basically they will feel the same no matter the power. Just like how the incredible will feel very much like the eris even though it is 5x more powerful. Sure smoother, but it will not be like you wil be able to tell for a typical user.

Same goes with computers. 90% use their computers to basically web browse so why must you buy a quad core for that?

exactly my point. why is this 1ghz processor needed? sure it would be cool to have, and if someone offered to trade an incredible for my eris straight up i wouldnt hesitate, but to think less of your eris because there is something better? no way. technology advances so fast now days that within 3-6 months, the "newest" piece of tech is practically obsolete.

even cartoons reflect this. i remember watching an episode of fairly oddparents while stoned one day and the pace of the technological advances of the time was the whole problem of the episode. AJ needed a new cpmputer and as soon as he got it, a new one was released. its just a fact of life. if you always wait around for something better to come out, you will never be able to choose something.

Upvote 0

For faster browsing, picture managing, instant messaging, and other general stuff. However a Quad Core is a bit much and if you still want speed though, a Dual-Core can probably pull off same speeds without 4+ things going on at once for a much lower price.

Upvote 0
Why are Porsche's needed? For $140,000, you could buy at least five Accords.

I don't get people's fascination with "it's enough for me." Like everyone uses the phone the way you do. Why do you need Pandora? It's on your computer. Why do you need Google Maps? Is it really that hard to keep a map in your car? If you can't use a map, you shouldn't be driving. Why did you buy a smartphone? Are you "too good" for the free phones VZW offers?

If you have the mindset of why is.this processor necessary, then the above is also something for you to think about.

Upvote 0
When personal computers first came out in the 70s you bought a box made out of molded plastic and the insides were the insides. Upgrading generally meant you went and bought another computer. Now, you can change out any part of a pc with newer faster hardware. It is the same with smartphones right now. You buy A phone and you get what you get. If you want faster then you replace the phone. The major difference is that technology moves much faster these days. The first smartphones came out less than 10 years ago and they have advanced at an alarming rate. I can see them becoming just like pcs though and one day we will all be buying custom parts and building our own phones. We will also have the option to drop in more RAM and bigger better processors.

It took almost 25 years to get pcs to that point. I think the smartphone industry will do it in half the time. The future tech will be amazing and our latest will be laughed at. Running after the next best thing will only leave you tired and broke. I'll walk and be happy with every new and exciting thing I see and buy.

Reactions: WilCIWS
Upvote 0

I don't get people's fascination with "it's enough for me." Like everyone uses the phone the way you do. Why do you need Pandora? It's on your computer. Why do you need Google Maps? Is it really that hard to keep a map in your car? If you can't use a map, you shouldn't be driving. Why did you buy a smartphone? Are you "too good" for the free phones VZW offers?

If you have the mindset of why is.this processor necessary, then the above is also something for you to think about.

Well using google maps since iPhone, I can say it is 10X better than a map, not that I don't have one in my car. You can see exactly where you are, business, numbers to call them, and easy directions as well as public transit options now, which is great. Maps is really the third most used app besides Gmail and Google Voice, and the dialer being fourth and most hated.

Upvote 0

I don't get people's fascination with "it's enough for me." Like ever

Well using google maps since iPhone, I can say it is 10X better than a map, not that I don't have one in my car. You can see exactly where you are, business, numbers to call them, and easy directions as well as public transit options now, which is great. Maps is really the third most used app besides Gmail and Google Voice, and the dialer being fourth and most hated.

You are missing my point. The point was technology will continue to grow. Asking why the fuss over the Snapdragon processor is a stupid question. It's a big thing and was/is expected of phone hardware.

Upvote 0
The Eris CPU is what it is. Nothing posted here is going to change that, certainly not pointless comparisons with more recently-introduced handsets. Technology moves on.... so should we. ;)
Agreed I just hope all these narrow minded Eris fan boys stay Right Here in this forum when the Incredible comes out later this month. We will be a bunch of happy campers and I will DONATE my Eris to one of you to keep you busy here.:cool:

Upvote 0

Wow, now this is an incredibly ignorant statement here. It is quite clear you have never used the Nexus One because if you did you would eat your words. Every aspect of the Eris lags compared to the Nexus One even basic things like the menus, to the buttons, keyboard, ect. Web browsing is so much faster on the Nexus One due to CPU. I cant even type fast on the Eris because the keyboard cant keep up due to the slow CPU and I only type at a novice level. EVERY aspect of the android OS is GREATLY improved due to the faster CPU.

You cant just make things up and pretend they are real.

Upvote 0
Wow, now this is an incredibly ignorant statement here. It is quite clear you have never used the Nexus One because if you did you would eat your words. Every aspect of the Eris lags compared to the Nexus One even basic things like the menus, to the buttons, keyboard, ect. Web browsing is so much faster on the Nexus One due to CPU. I cant even type fast on the Eris because the keyboard cant keep up due to the slow CPU and I only type at a novice level. EVERY aspect of the android OS is GREATLY improved due to the faster CPU.

You cant just make things up and pretend they are real.

15 of your 19 posts to date have been about how much the Eris sucks. We get it. You don't like the Eris. How great for you. Some of us do. Isn't choice great? Now get over it and move on. What is the point of anything you are saying? The incredible will be faster than the Eris? Well, duh. Everyone is already aware of that. It doesn't mean that we all have switch phones. You enjoy your phone and the rest of is will enjoy ours. Anything further from you on the subject proves you to be nothing more than a troll worthy of being banned.

Reactions: Tamasabian and alk1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones