• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are the cases?

Link to TPU case for LG G2?

I linked 3 TPU cases in post #190, & there are several other posts in this thread that link to TPU cases.

One of the reviews said that the Incipio Feather had slightly better grip than the Tudia so I got the Feather.

I really like the slim profile of that case, but I don't like that it doesn't protect the edges all the way around the phone... if it wasn't open at the top and bottom, I'd be on board with that case.

Upvote 0
Got the Incipio Dual today. Not happy.

I did not notice the bezel was so slim.
I wanted a thick bulky bezel to protect from falls.

So, not only did I pay top dollar $25,
but I got something that didn't even meet my only criteria.

Fail.
Check out these cases - Amazon.com: Kaleidio TM Mybat TUFF Armor Hybrid Case Cover for LG G2 D800 D801 D802 VS980 (AT&T / Sprint / T-Mobile / Verizon) (2013) - Blue/Black (Package Includes a Overbrawn Prying Tool & Stylux Stylus/Pen Dust Plug Combo) - Retail Packaging: Cell

Upvote 0
I'm debating between Ballistic and Trident cyclops and aegis cases. Anybody? Pros and cons would be nice. Thanks

Like @GoodEnough said, the Ballistic has a DEEP Bezel. I absolutely love this. I've had it since late February. I've dropped my phone 3 times, the first time on concrete after "falling" down what I thought was a stair while walking and using my phone..turns out it was more of a ledge and the other times more typical drops (at home). Not a scratch, not a dent, even in the case.

I am extremely pleased and it's a lot less bulky than the Otterbox. My son has the Otterbox Commuter and my boyfriend has the Body Glove Fusion Case. My son has not dropped his LG G2 (never does - awesome teenager), but my boyfriend dropped his LG G2 with the Body Glove Fusion Case in his warehouse. No damage whatsover and it's super slim, but I just don't feel comfortable without a higher level of protection. The bezel on the BG is way to risky in my opinion. The commuter is alright, but knowing how much damage I do, it's not my thing.

I like the price point and the protection the Ballistic offers. I got the Shell Gel, but would have gotten the Max if I knew it existed before I purchased as it has the stand and I believe a holster.

I got the Otterbox Commuter on Amazon and the Ballistic Shell Gel on Amazon at deep discounts. The Body Glove Fusion was at T-Mobile for $15. I did not pay more than $20 for any of them.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: lepa71
Upvote 0
I have verizon version with wireless charging. My concern is that because of the thickness of the ballistic case the wireless charging wont work as good as thinner case. I already have Diztronic case, but I feel it does not provide enough protection. I tried Incipio DualPro case and didn't like it at all.

Thanks

Like @GoodEnough said, the Ballistic has a DEEP Bezel. I absolutely love this. I've had it since late February. I've dropped my phone 3 times, the first time on concrete after "falling" down what I thought was a stair while walking and using my phone..turns out it was more of a ledge and the other times more typical drops (at home). Not a scratch, not a dent, even in the case.

I am extremely pleased and it's a lot less bulky than the Otterbox. My son has the Otterbox Commuter and my boyfriend has the Body Glove Fusion Case. My son has not dropped his LG G2 (never does - awesome teenager), but my boyfriend dropped his LG G2 with the Body Glove Fusion Case in his warehouse. No damage whatsover and it's super slim, but I just don't feel comfortable without a higher level of protection. The bezel on the BG is way to risky in my opinion. The commuter is alright, but knowing how much damage I do, it's not my thing.

I like the price point and the protection the Ballistic offers. I got the Shell Gel, but would have gotten the Max if I knew it existed before I purchased as it has the stand and I believe a holster.

I got the Otterbox Commuter on Amazon and the Ballistic Shell Gel on Amazon at deep discounts. The Body Glove Fusion was at T-Mobile for $15. I did not pay more than $20 for any of them.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
upuse2a9.jpg
yhe5e6u5.jpg

Im loving this case so far. Only $9.95 on amazon. Kickstand it hard to get out if you have fat fingers or no nails. But im sure it will get easier after a few months

Upvote 0
Im loving this case so far. Only $9.95 on amazon. Kickstand it hard to get out if you have fat fingers or no nails. But im sure it will get easier after a few months
Is that a greatshield or nakedshield brand? I purchased the nakedshield case (looks very close to yours) and I was unhappy with how it was too big top to bottom for the phone - there was like 1/8 inch of room to slide the phone in the case.

Upvote 0
Is that a greatshield or nakedshield brand? I purchased the nakedshield case (looks very close to yours) and I was unhappy with how it was too big top to bottom for the phone - there was like 1/8 inch of room to slide the phone in the case.

Greatsheild. I think the link i posted is just for the att and unlocked. But i think i remember seeing a verizon case like that when i got mine

Reactions: reeseboy
Upvote 0
Hey everyone I am in the process of looking for a rugged heavy duty case for my verizon lg g2. I know there is the ottorbox commuter and the defender case. Wondering what everyone may think of these cases if they tried them. I know there is a difference in phone designs of the back buttons from verizon to the others so I am trying to stay away from cases that claim to work for all models. Just wondering what everyone thinks about the ottor box. I tried the defender before just dont like the idea of having the built in screen protector. Not to fond of them. I usually find myself ripping them off. Any input would be great. Thanks guys and gals.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone I am in the process of looking for a rugged heavy duty case for my verizon lg g2. I know there is the ottorbox commuter and the defender case. Wondering what everyone may think of these cases if they tried them. I know there is a difference in phone designs of the back buttons from verizon to the others so I am trying to stay away from cases that claim to work for all models. Just wondering what everyone thinks about the ottor box. I tried the defender before just dont like the idea of having the built in screen protector. Not to fond of them. I usually find myself ripping them off. Any input would be great. Thanks guys and gals.

Got the $19 Ballistic cover.
Way deeper lip bezel than the Incipio Dual.

Upvote 0
Hi Folks, contemplating buying an LG from Verizon, but wondering about cases. As I'm already concerned about the weight and size of this phone, I hate to add anything that will make it much bigger and heavier. That said, I do drop my phone from time to time, and a recent facedown drop that my current LG lucid survived just fine with some cheap rubber case I got from Verizon when I purchased the phone reminded me once again that I definitely need a case.

In short, what cases compatible with the Verizon version best split the difference between light and sleek and also provides some decent protection for a face down drop?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones