• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is Jelly Bean?

At this point I not planning to load JB.
I have been down this road with other devices and most often I regret updating to a version that is unrootable. I am at least 3 updates behind on my Casio Commando phone and the more I read of other users experiences; the happier I am that I stayed with an old version.

If a root method comes for the TF201 with JB....I will load it the same day. :)

Upvote 0
I have been down this road with other devices and most often I regret updating to a version that is unrootable. I am at least 3 updates behind on my Casio Commando phone and the more I read of other users experiences; the happier I am that I stayed with an old version.

So.... you're waiting for a root method for JB so you can update? No sure I understand, if you're rooted now, why don't you just flash a JB rom?:):thinking:

Upvote 0

If you load Craig Gomez's version, it comes rooted and unlocked, and installing TWRP is as simple as doing a couple of fastboot commands. That's what I'm on, and it is wonderful. It's far smoother and more stable than any of the AOSP-based JB ROMs I have used, and it is miles ahead of the ICS stock firmware.

Upvote 0
If you load Craig Gomez's version, it comes rooted and unlocked, and installing TWRP is as simple as doing a couple of fastboot commands. That's what I'm on, and it is wonderful. It's far smoother and more stable than any of the AOSP-based JB ROMs I have used, and it is miles ahead of the ICS stock firmware.

I may look into what you are describing, but I will need to do some studying since I have no knowledge of Gomez, TWRP, fastboot, nor AOSP. Might as well be a foriegn language.

As I said, I have not unlocked bootloader.

Upvote 0
No luck here. Download fails everytime and then you have a greyed out check box. I have lost count of the times I have tried this. :/ The system will not even notice the manual download. :(

This probably isn't the issue but make sure there's a good connection to your AP when trying to download. I think that was an issue when I was trying to upgrade.

Upvote 0
Well I'm round relations atm and they have a proper connection compared to mine.. I noticed it picked up the firmware, although i'm not sure if it picked up the manual file or downloaded it. Not that it matters as one it started applying the FW the old Android fell over.

So it looks like a full restore and start again for me. :( I would like to restore it to stock first, but i'm not 100% sure if this can be done without unlocking the bootloader.

Upvote 0

How exactly is one supposed to acquire TWRP?
The website has no links that I can find.
The "Please select your device" button on the upper right just takes you to a different screen........no chance of selecting a device.

I hope the program runs better than that horrible website. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones