• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where the HELL is my 2.1 update???? what are SONY doing ?? bugger all??? not happy

An aside: has anyone noticed that if you replace a random word (or words) in any given sentence with the word "cheese", the mood is immediately lightened?

For example:

Where the HELL is my cheese???? what are SONY doing ?? bugger all??? not happy:mad: FURIOUS

or:

lucky you guys,, i have had to deal with sony, on tvs, ps3, and now this,,, i have dealt with cheese aftter cheese,,,

or even:

I must agree with MrWomble on that one...I have always had great cheese when contacting customer service.

Use it, don't use it...

Upvote 0
womble.. you are a easy read,, anything you own is the best,, no matter how shitty it is,, not even worth discussing with you,, to much sun on your bald head i think,,,

oh no, i disagree

i have a hotpoint washing machine which is diabolical

my epson printer is useless when compared to my hp

my belkin router is superior to my netgear, which dropped network repeatedly

but there we have it - another narrowminded conclusion from yourself

(any idea if and when you will post battery usage stats or graph)

Upvote 0
From my perspective, I can understand why people are getting narky with SE.

I picked the X10 from a shortlist of about 3 other phones (the other 2 being HTCs) basically it won because of the screen size, in-phone storage, processor speed and a couple of other points. I assumed that a new phone would be delivered with the latest OS version (or at least the one previous ready to be updated) It never crossed my mind it would be running the same OS as my previous phone (a G1). I did read some online reviews but at that point none of them even pointed out that it was running 1.6, let alone be critical of it.

When I first got it I was a little disappointed that the GUI looked the same as the G1 when my wife's HTC hero looked so much better. I didn't really understand at that point about the different OS versions and I just thought her snazzy GUI was an HTC thing.

At the time I was working 16 hour days to get a project finished so it took about 2 weeks of use to really see it's limitations (too late to send it back!) then I statred to see articles about it's use of 1.6 which did annoy me somewhat because this was mooted as an iPhone killer and 6 months on it's still not massively better than my G1 and it's not even going to be getting the latest version when the update finally happens.As a Flash animator, not being able to view Flash is annoying.

Granted, some of the fault is due to my own ignorance, but I know better now. Would I have chosen this phone in hindsight? certainly not. Would I chose another SE Android phone next time? probably not, and definitely not without rigorous review reading.

Writing this I realise how much I really miss my G1 which was a phone that constantly amazed me - if I could have that with 2.2, a bigger screen and a faster processor I would be much happier.

I think a lot of the perceived impatience is actually frustration and anger with the situation as a whole.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones