• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's Navigation???

There was a new update to Maps today, and when I tried that I still have a Navigation shortcut.

It's pretty unmistakable that it's just taking you into the route planning in Maps, but does seem to be there.

Note though that I installed this straight from Maps 6, as I'd uninstalled the original Maps update. May do the same with this one too - offline Maps is still much clumsier to set up than with earlier versions.

Upvote 0
Navigation via maps as well... Don't really understand the appeal of that app... Maybe it's simpler for when you're driving? But then, this phone has car mode, which is really simple when it comes to navigation, so that's not necessary. I just pretended it's not there before, and now I guess I don't have to pretend. LOL

Upvote 0
I was told about the update by someone else. Maps, Navigation and Local were all combined into Maps. I didn't see the update in the marketplace so I found the apk online and installed it.

I never used the blue arrow either, I just pushed the microphone button and said "navigate to blah blah". Not really missing the blue arrow.

as far as getting used to the new interface, it doesn't look any different to me. But all I use is navigation, I've heard from other people who actually use a bunch of the features in maps that some of those features are no longer there after the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones