• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who is tempted to get RAZR Maxx?

I love my Droid Razr Maxx - I bought it 2 days ago and on one charge, with normal usage (calls, texting, FB, downloading music, taking pictures, videos, even watched some Netflix etc) went 27 hours until I had to charge it, and even then it had 15% battery left. I think the screen is great, only issue I've had so far is sometimes my shortcuts change (happened about 3 times)... especially when I use Advanced Task Killer... I'll click on it, clear out the programs that are working and go back to home screen and instead of there being my Advanced Task Killer where it was, it's Settings or Gmail... Otherwise, LOVE this phone. (Upgraded from a Droid X)

Upvote 0
I have this happen with 1 app...the Howard Forums app. It sometimes looks like a settings icon.

I mostly have widgets loaded on my homescreens and not too many shortcuts so I can't say if it would be happening more.

I love my Droid Razr Maxx - I bought it 2 days ago and on one charge, with normal usage (calls, texting, FB, downloading music, taking pictures, videos, even watched some Netflix etc) went 18 hours until I had to charge it, and even then it had 15% battery left. I think the screen is great, only issue I've had so far is sometimes my shortcuts change (happened about 3 times)... especially when I use Advanced Task Killer... I'll click on it, clear out the programs that are working and go back to home screen and instead of there being my Advanced Task Killer where it was, it's Settings or Gmail... Otherwise, LOVE this phone. (Upgraded from a Droid X)

Reactions: AnonymousMoi
Upvote 0
Except if you have the Android OS awake problem. Then your phone will chew through 50% of the battery in 8 hours overnight on WiFi just sitting on your nightstand.

Actually, the Nexus is a little buggy and the battery life is a bit worse than other big screen 4G phones.

If that happens, there must be some culprit apps killing battery on standby. My nexus sleeps overnight with WiFi, draining roughly 2.5%/hour. That's with just pulling two emails, contacts, a messenger app and nothing else to sync.

But I agree that current ICS OS should do better on conserving battery life. I am certain it will get better with updates. As for big battery like Maxx, I really don't need it as I'm always near charger at home, work, car. But I'm thinking of getting 8400mAh small external battery charging pack just in case. I forgot its brand name but it's only about $45.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones