• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do so many ppl have problems with the mopho

Don't be mad because you don't know how to work your phone. No need to bash or call people names. This forum was created to help. I guess your too proud to ask these so called "kids" for help. If your having problems then ask for help or go to moto or sprint and complain. You sound more like a "kid" than an adult. Grow up man.

I created this thread because I'm tired of seeing ppl talk bad about a product that really has no problems and then bash there service provider

Upvote 0
Well let me state this. I have had my mopho from aug 1. i am on my first and only mopho.

My mopho has worked nearly flawlessly, but I have had my issues. If they were related to motorola, they have all been fixed in the updates (proximity sensor)

There are a couple of small things that are not show stoppers, but are slightly annoying, like sometimes I have to press the 4g toggle switch 2 or 3 times for it to activate. is it a big deal, no, but some people turn something small into a huge mountain.

I've also found that there are a ton of slopply written apps in the market that can make your phone unusable. Check the permissions of an app before you download then think to yourself, if the app screws up this is what will stop working. I.E. my friend downloads this transformers wallpaper app that for some reason need access to his contacts and to be able to make calls (real shady). Suddenly his phone freezes everytime he tries to dial a number, is it HTC's fault? Associate the problem with the correct cause.

Reactions: Gogators1974
Upvote 0
I just wanted to report that I've had my MoPho for a few days now and love everything about it. I'm sad that people seem to be having issues, or have had issues, but I have truly had zero. Even the battery life is improving to where im getting about 16 hours on a charge with moderate to heavy usage. The only thing I don't like is that some of the Motorola Widgets seem half-baked.

Being new here, I do find it moderately offensive that people are resorting to name calling and stuff around here. Glad to see the mods are on top of it!

Upvote 0
I created this thread because I'm tired of seeing ppl talk bad about a product that really has no problems and then bash there service provider

The only real problem I have is that my phone seems to want to freeze up or that it can't save some pics off the internet on a couple of forums i belong to.

The freezing problem is my fault for trying to move several gigs on files over at the same time, the other issue that's how moto wrote their software as my buddies with HTC devices can download the same pics and not as a html file that they cant open...

Reactions: Gogators1974
Upvote 0
I'm having problems learning how to use my MoPho because I've just converted --5 days ago-- from a Blackberry; analog/digital to droid. I really LOVED my Blackberry. I knew its workings inside and out. I could navigate wherever I needed to even after the roller/trackball would only move side-to-side. I miss my Crackberry, I mean Blackberry (I'm crying over my loss). Please Help!

Upvote 0
I'm having problems learning how to use my MoPho because I've just converted --5 days ago-- from a Blackberry; analog/digital to droid. I really LOVED my Blackberry. I knew its workings inside and out. I could navigate wherever I needed to even after the roller/trackball would only move side-to-side. I miss my Crackberry, I mean Blackberry (I'm crying over my loss). Please Help!

I feel your pain,65smilebaby!
I too was in the same boat a year ago w/my HUAWEI ASCEND,my first smartphone/ANDROID.
I had the luxury of an extended period of time off from work,& picked up a LOT from spending an unusual amount of time, every day,using it, as it was(still is) my one go-to item for internet,video,games,email,etc........
I'll pass along a couple of things that may help.

1) Download the SPRINT users guide to your phone,lots of good info to reference. A link is available via their website & one of the SPRINT APPS in the app drawer have lots of links to valuable info.

2) Regardless of where you are once you move pass the lockscreen,either press the MENU button or,long press on the screen itself. Either action will usually open up an on-screen menu/list of options.

3) Don't hesitate to visit the SPRINT STORE in your area.I have four locations close by & everyone there is eager to help in any way they can.Most are employed w/SPRINT because they truly have a passion for phones/smartphones,etc....
Keep in mind the functions that you enjoyed w/your BLACKBERRY & they should be able to guide you in the right direction on accessing the same features on your MO PHO.
I think you'll find all platforms (ANDROID,IOS,W7,BB)have more in common than being outright opposites,& w/the THANKSGIVING holiday coming up,what better time to take & get acquainted w/your new MO PHO.
Enjoy,& don't hesitate to ask around here for more specific questions regarding your phone. Lots of great people here w/a wealth of time/info w/the PHOTON,& are more than willing to help out in any way possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones