• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why does both.. WIFI and 4G LTE icon both show up?

AT&T Note3...
Normally only one or the other would be on the Notification Bar. (Wifi or 4G LTE icon)

I noticed starting a few days ago...
now.. both are on the notification bar.
I see both the wifi icon and 4G LTE icon.

why? what is going on? does it need to be fixed?
I Know exactly what you are talking about and I solved it!!! There is probably a MMS that did not completely send or receive. Just go ahead and delete that and everything will be alright again!

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Permission to confuse things further...

I've just got the same "V LTE" icon appear on my Samsung Galaxy J1

I'm with Telstra, not sent any MMS, not connected to the wifi, used mobile data for a couple minutes and still have plenty left, and now I'm stuck with this signal - I found in settings/applications/phone that under "call settings" it says below "outgoing voice call settings" to use or not allow VoLTE calls.

I changed that setting to do not allow yet the icon is still there... I've not called anyone today besides grandparents about 9 hours ago without leaving voice mails.

Anyone got any ideas? Does VoLTE mean I'm paying any extra for data etc. as whatever service it is, I couldn't care less about it - just I'd rather not have the icon there 24/7. I'll reset my phone soon, see if that helps, otherwise I'm hoping someone here knows something :)

Upvote 0
I've been having the same issue. If I turn off mobile data, I have no internet via wifi. I have found I can cycle airplane mode, then I can get back on wifi.

Caller Name Id from vz was already disabled (must have been by me long ago). I have reset all settings using the reset option in the settings menu. I seem to recall first noticing this after mirroring a video to a chromecast last week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones