• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why don't phone manufacturers make a game controller a phone can snap into?

gwlaw99

Android Expert
Nov 1, 2009
It would end up looking something like the PSP. You would think that this would be an incredible feature for gamers and any platform that was serious about gaming. Then we wouldn't have to use touchscreen controls, barely passable d-pads, or optical trackballs?

Edit: Sorry please move the android lounge forum.

becuase then your mobile phone is no longer mobile. i play the games on my phone when im board at work, before the previews of a movie even start, while heating up my food on break, etc...who wants to pull out a controller add-on for that? does anyone even seriously play games on their phones like that anyways?

Upvote 0
Well they do have the Zee Mote which is like a wii mote I believe it runs on bluetoothe but I may be mistaken, but its like a Nintendo wii mote for older mobile phones its pretty cool but I wish someone could make it compatible with the android operating system so I could play so nes games with out virtual buttons...

Im currently working on an article about android and the Zee mote for Droidedup.com so check back in the next few days

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones