1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why is my husband's x on android 2.2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MtnbikerChk, Sep 13, 2011.

1. MtnbikerChk

MtnbikerChk Android Enthusiast

am I crazy? aren't we all on 2.3?

It's stock - he doesn't mess with it at all (no rooting or downloading apps outside the market).

Advertisement

2. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Well-Known Member

I dont know,the update must have failed,either way,I would be happy to still be on 2.2.....although I liked 2.2.340 ....either one is way better than either gingerbread...

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I also know someone running stock FroYo. Maybe these were the phones that were slated to get an OTA, and Verizon downgraded it from push to pull, due to complaints? I'm guessing here, but I could easily picture that happening

4. MtnbikerChk

MtnbikerChk Android Enthusiast

I ended up running the update. He has random reboots and I'm hoping **fingerscrossed** that this fixes it.

If not, he'll probably get a bionic or maybe hold out for a prime.

Thanks.

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

you can update it if you wish, but i dun see the need if he is comfortable with it

6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

I'm on Froyo by choice but I am rooted. After seeing all the problems with GB, I stuck with Froyo.

7. Wally World

Wally World Android Expert

I wanted GB to be good so bad. I have tried GB out 4 times. Each time I really want to like it but it just always fails me. While it's working it is snappier, but that is short lived-the lock ups, laggy keyboard I just can't live with. Back to rooted froyo with most bloat deleted and I couldn't be happier. I see no advantage to GB over Froyo.

8. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I prefer GB over Froyo. Like the better battery life and things seem to work faster. I haven't had any issues with GB.

9. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

+1. I was very interested in GB for a long time but decided to hold off because of all the complaints I heard and read about. I don't want to take a chance on messing up a great thing - my phone is working very well and does everything I want and need.

I'm happy for those who haven't had any problems with the OTA/2-part SBF but it seems so many others have had problems (and some pretty severe!) after upgrading to GB that I'm going to wait.

Rooted, OC/UV Froyo 2.2.1 :D:rolleyes::D

10. Droidx331

Droidx331 Lurker

I have a Droid x that i have had for about 6 months and when i go to update it to the gingerbread system, it shows that there are no updates available. Cannot seem to find a simple answer, nothing changed accept from some downloaded free apps. How can I get this update. I want it.

11. RyanB

RyanB Guest

If your device is telling you that it's up to date, and you're still on 2.2.x, than I would take it to a Verizon sure and ask them why

12. Droidx331

Droidx331 Lurker

It was a thought, I just didnt know if there was anything I could mess with or maybe a setting out of wack that would cause it. I wanted to try as much as possible before I took it in.

13. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Android Enthusiast

so my friend had to put service to a droid x that had not had service to before. It has 2.2 on it.He checked for updates but it says your phone is up to date. Now we all know that a OTA has been released with gingerbread 2.3 . My question is how and were can he get it if the phone cant pull it down since it isnt available from the updates .How can he update ? thanks

14. Wally World

Wally World Android Expert

Something is messed up with the software on the phone. Either call 611 and talk to tech support-most if not all stores do not do tech support anymore-or SBF flash .602 and then take the .605 OTA update. Doesn't take but 15 minutes with setup.