• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is my phone laughing at me?

mczonie

Lurker
Dec 27, 2019
The weirdest thing just happened. I heard, for no apparent reason, the faint sound of hysterical laughter from my phone that went on for about 30 seconds. I have been dealing with a stalker for the past six years and think may have been hacked, though I have also read this sort of thing sometimes happens on android for innocuous reasons. Any ideas? TIA.

Well I have never heard of a phone randomly laughing. In order for a phone to get hacked, it would basically need to be rooted which in most phones is not an easy feat to accomplish. Some phones can be used to steal personal info as well as your identity.

If you really feel your phone is hacked, then I would change all of your account passwords..... everything from emails, Google, Facebook and such. I would then factory reset your phone. Just make sure that you remember your password.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones