• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
the only thing you really lose is the camera, which i never used. the speed gain and customizations are well worth it. getting rid of touch wiz is nice to.

i am using a pre preview for jelly bean, it is drastically faster and the search is better than siri.

so to me the benefits out weigh the negatives.

Upvote 0
one-month-later
When it comes to mod/rooting devices like game consoles, phones, and tablets there seem to be a lot of "facts" based on subjective opinions. When you say that you can finally "own" your device, what practical value is there to rooting. I want to be able to create basic tutorials for friends and family members. Is there an app that will allow me to video screen capture if I root?
If a person does root, is there a place that lists current negatives, something that lists things that stop working? or current benifets to rooting? Also, when you mod a game console, you have limited to no access to the supported community networks (Playstation Network, Xbox Live, etc) and if you download authorized/official firmware updates, it can brick the system at times. Are there warnings as to what not to autimatically download. Itd be really nice if I could have a conversation with someone that does a lot of this (with an objective view) and could ask questions if anyones willing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones