• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why would being in an emergency room drain the battery of my phone so quickly?

Ground Sloth

Aug 16, 2017
I was in the emergency room of a hospital earlier today, and the battery life of my Samsung S6 inexplicably dropped from 95% to 25% within about 2 hours. During that time, all I did was make a few brief phone calls, check my email, and peruse some articles on Wikipedia. Watching 2 hours of YouTube videos in 720p usually won't even drain the battery that much. What the heck happened? Was it because of interference?

As @bcrichster said the strength of the connection is pretty weak in hospitals. Now because of that you phone tries with all its might to connect to a network which uses a lot of battery. Because of this people are usually warned to not to keep a phone next to your body when the connection is week because you don't know what strong waves the phone is emitting just to connect to a network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones