• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi connection

A

Android Question

Hi. I have a tesco hudl. When I am not at home or in a WiFi place say for instance sat in my car what device can I attach to my hudl to connect to the internet. I don't want to go through my mobile phone hotspot as I dont see the point I might as well just use my mobile.I bought a huawei e3231 dongle for three mobile broadband but this didn't work. Any ideas please?

You have 2 legal choices for connecting to the internet - your phone's 3G/4G connection (which is what your phone's hotspot uses) or a public wifi hotspot.

You could find an unprotected private wifi signal and connect to that, but the fines are outrageous if you get caught (which is trivial), the fees you have to pay the provider are even worse and, depending on where you live, you could become a guest of the government for a few years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones