• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi issues? WPS worked for me!

BLKRZR

Jul 23, 2010
Arkansas
A few days ago I gave my Atrix to my wife and got the Infuse. I finally got around to trying out the wifi at home and like many others, it was a no go. I tried several of the "fixes" I had found for trying to connect and nothing worked. I also tried the WPS connection on the Infuse and that didn't work either. Frustrated, I decided I was going to return it for another one and hope that fixed it as it had for others I've read about.

Later, just on a whim, I tried wifi again and still nothing. Then it hit me. On my router (Netgear) you're supposed to press the WPS button on the router FIRSTand THEN press WPS on whatever it is you're trying to connect (WPS connection on the Infuse seems to imply that you select WPS connection on the phone first and then press WPS on your router). I did this and my Infuse almost immediately connected! Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did a factory reset and it still worked (hooray!). Now the Infuse remembers the network and I can toggle wifi on and off w/o any issues and it connects almost as soon as I turn it on.

So if you have WPS available on your router, you may want to give it a try if you're having trouble connecting via wifi. Sorry if this is common knowledge and someone else has already figured this out, but I just wanted to share. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones