• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi not working after root. HELP!!!!

jungleexplorer

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2011
Texas
Phone Details

Model:
Sharp-ADS1 (FX Plus)

Android Version:

Basband Version
M76XXTSNCJNLYA6050_ATA_MC50.00

Kernel Version
2.6.32.9-perf

Software Version
AT8A_MC50.00

Hardware Version
AT8A_TSPFW_V16

Okay. I got this phone off amazon as an unlocked phone. I has been working fine for several months, but it is short on internal memory because the internal memory it is almost completely consumed by bloatware. I rooted it using Super One Click 2.2 so I could delete some bloatware. After rooting I could not connect to my wifi (which I always have been able to connect to with this phone without issue). All I get is "Acquiring IP Address". Here is what I have tried so far that has not worked.

1. Factory Reset (4 times).
2. Master Hard Reset with wipe.
3. Router reboot and unplugging it.
4. Clearing Router mac address table.
5. Unrooting phone and factory reset.
6. Custom "ADD WIFI Network"
7. Using "Static IP" workaround.
8. Changed Router SSID and network security to OPEN (no security).

Reactions: dustwun77
Okay. I rooted my android phone so I could delete some bloatware. I only tried to uninstall YPmobile nothing else. After rooting I could not connect to my wifi (which I always have been able to connect to with this phone without issue). All I get is "Acquiring IP Address". Here is what I have tried so far that has not worked.

1. Factory Reset (4 times).
2. Master Hard Reset with wipe.
3. Router reboot.
4. Clearing Router mac address table.
5. Unrooting phone and factory reset.
6. Custom "ADD WIFI Network"
7. Using "Static IP" workaround.

None of the above have worked. I think I know what might have caused the problem. I performed the root with the Super One Click app. During the rooting process it came up and said, "Busybox not installed. Would you like to install it." I figured it was needed for rooting so I let it install Busybox. After doing some searching on connection issues after rooting, I found other people blaming busybox for the problem. I have no idea what Busybox is or if it is the cause. I assumed that if I did a master hard reset that it would fix the phone, but it remained rooted even after the master hard reset, which tells me that some of the things that rooting the phone did cannot be undone by a master hard reset. I used Super One Click to unroot the phone, but the problem still persist. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Update.

I manged to get a connection. After I changed my routers SSID and set the security to open I still could not connect, but then I went back to advanced setting and set it to Static IP and BAM, it connected. I am not sure how it connected since I made up the DNS 1 and 2 settings. Obviously, this is a work around and not a fix, so I am still looking for answers and help.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones