• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi problems after upgrade to froyo

I think i have a fix.
Hold the power button on the right till the phone options menu comes up. disable the data network mode.
It should connect after that. Once you connect and disconnect you will be back to the same problem. While you still have the data network mode deactivated. touch the bottom settings button on your phone at the bottom next to the home button and you will see an advanced options tab. Once inside, check mark static ip. then hit the settings button again next to the home button and save it.save it. this will take you back a screen so you can see your networks. it will still not connect. go back to the advanced setup, uncheckmark your static ip and save it again. you should be connected again. Gl

anyone that wants to thank me, i will accept spotify premium discount codes
:D

Upvote 0
This wifi peoblem can be solve by below method.
1. Go to account and sync
2. Enable data & auto sync, then sync it one time after froyo updated.
3. Enable wifi again...connected!

Thanks JenLoong, i am not sure how that helped but it did, very easy fix.

I hope it stays connected, i have read several threads saying they it fixed then in about a week or even after leaving their router having the same thing thing happen.

Anyway, thanks again.....,

Upvote 0
Thanks JenLoong, i am not sure how that helped but it did, very easy fix.

I hope it stays connected, i have read several threads saying they it fixed then in about a week or even after leaving their router having the same thing thing happen.

Anyway, thanks again.....,

ok it happened again
cept this time it didnt work and nothing on the page did help me please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones