• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi problems

deatbird

Lurker
Oct 27, 2012
I have a Motorola Atrix 2 and downloaded thru the Motorola site. I have a problem where my phone continually loses the connection to WiFi and then I have to stop and reconnect. It is a pain Please I have tried all and it continues to occur. I even took the battery out for a day. Help

I have a Motorola Atrix 2 and downloaded thru the Motorola site. I have a problem where my phone continually loses the connection to WiFi and then I have to stop and reconnect. It is a pain Please I have tried all and it continues to occur. I even took the battery out for a day. Help

Does this happen everywhere or just with a particular WiFi access point (i.e. the one at your home)?

If it's just the one access point, and you have access to the router/AP settings... try going in there and disable Wireless MultiMedia extensions. It may be called WMM.

This completely solved a very similar problem for me.

Reactions: deatbird
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones