• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi problems

S

Sedona Hedges

When i put in my wifi password it says its conected and the wifi logo at the bottom of my screen says it is too but when i try to get on anything that need wifi it says no connection or not connected to server. what is wrong with it, is it something i can fix myself

Either your router isn't allowing the connection to go to the internet (a local connection - that's something to do with your router, not your phone) or the server you're trying to get to isn't there (use a browser in your phone and try to come here - or to save typing, go to aol.com - if that works it's a problem with the server you're trying to go to and there's nothing you can do about it).

For the first problem, your internet service provider's tech support MIGHT be able to help - it depends on whether they have actual tech support people or clerks who read answers from their computer screens.

If things work on data but the same things don't work on wifi, it's probably the first problem - something with your router setup.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones