• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi Question - WEP Security Certs.

KRCarlson

Nov 25, 2009
Ok, So I'm trying to test out my droid for my work on it's network, but my network requires my phone to have a security certificate to connect to wifi, with my work BB I can just plug in my phone and the certificates will sync. Is there any sort of app or does anyone know how to do this on the Droid? Or Android 2.0 more or less?

At HTC Hero:
1. CERT should be in pkcs12 format
2. rename CERT to <any name>.pfx and put it to root(?) of SD card
3. Open "security certificates" under the menu advanced in wifi settings. Chose "add certificate" (click menu button). Here you can see and add your CERT
4. Voila, now you can see your CERT at "security certificates" and can select it in TLS WPA wifi settings.

But my HTC does not connects using WPA TLS connection with CERT settings.

Cheers, ENEQ! -:)

I found this is another thread. Hope it helps. I have not run into this yet but I am sure I will so let us know if it worked.

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/10561-where-put-certificate-tls-wifi.html#post88637

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones