• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi suddenly stopped working.

I just got my Droid this week, and I've been having a few issues.

I bought the phone pre-flashed to Cricket, but the flash wasn't done correctly. Everything on the phone worked except the 3G and the picture messaging. WiFi, calls, texts, and everything else was great.

So today I got the phone properly flashed. Now 3G and picture messaging work fine.

And WiFI was working fine for about a half hour. Then it suddenly stopped, and I can't get it to work anymore. I tried resetting the phone, resetting the router, clearing my cache, etc.

The phone says I'm connected, but it won't run any internet-based apps or let me browse the web.

I have disabled security, told the Droid to forget the network, refreshed my settings, etc.

Nothing has helped so far.

What could make it stop working so suddenly? It had been working perfectly, both pre and post flash. And then it just decided not to.

The router is known to be functioning properly, as my netbook and Nintendo DSi are connecting and loading content without issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones