• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wifi tethering

Simple Sam

Lurker
Sep 25, 2011
hey i'm running android 2.3.3

it is rooted. i have the myns mod installed.

whenever I try to use the internet, it just takes me to the sprint homepage telling me I need to pay for data usage.

same whenever I use the network on my pc, it says you are not authorized to use this service.

please help.

hey i'm running android 2.2

it is rooted. i have the myns mod installed.

whenever I try to use the internet, it just takes me to the sprint homepage telling me I need to pay for data usage.

same whenever I use the network on my pc, it says you are not authorized to use this service.

please help.

try flashing a different rom. i would recommend trying mikg 2.53. it is the latest gingerbread rom and it very smoot and stable. it also has the sprint hotspot hacked.

Upvote 0
i downloaded and flashed that rom

im having a worse issue now. now the webpages don't load at all.

i go to sprint hotspot, it says no mobile network

wifi tether works, but it redirects me to the sprint homepage telling me to buy their data service.

try wiping dalvik cache and cache and see if that helps. if not then you may have to reflash the rom. you might even want to try using superwipe as well.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
i downloaded and flashed that rom

im having a worse issue now. now the webpages don't load at all.

i go to sprint hotspot, it says no mobile network

Did you do a complete wipe of everything? Cache, Dalvic, Data, and System. What about sdext? You may even need to wipe the SD Card clean and either start a new ROM or Do a Known Good nandroid backup (when everything was working right) you should wipe 3 times to ensure everything is clean

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones