• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi works, data doesnt

Alex Guzman

Lurker
Jul 5, 2016
Hello guys, im having a problem and i hope i can find the solution here.

I live in mex, i got this phone from my sister, she didnt had any problem.

Now that i got it (had to replace the screen first), i reseted the phone to factory settings, i added a wifi key from my house, no problem.

But whenever i want to use data it says that its unable to resolve dns server.

on software info i have
Android version 5.0.1

Baseband version
mpss.dl.2.0.1.c1.13-00053-m8974aaaaanpzm-1

kernel version 3.4.0

Build number
lrx21y

Software version
ls990zva

Security software version
mdf v1.1 release 3

I tried a couple of dns changers, but they didnt worked.

Any advise would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

"ls990zva" is a Sprint version LG G3? Was it unlocked, as I understand it specifically it's the Master Subsidy Lock(MSL)? Otherwise it won't connect to the internet without a Sprint contract, as it's still tied and trying to connect to Sprint's proxy servers. And if you're in Mexico. Sure we've had posts about this before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmmm, still having a little bit of trouble, i was finally able to root the phone, the one click script wasnt working, and i had about the same issues in manual mode (was not advancing after phone restart, even if i changed to dl mode). well, that was sorted out at the end.

Now, i still have to get the MSL code, msl reader does not support my phone.

so the last option http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1140870 is to use the CMDA workshop.

The drivers displayed in that page cannot be downloaded (broken link) after some searching, got them here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=832240

now the problem is here.

According to the guide

"The Fun Part
Step 1 - Dial ##DIAG# (##3424#) on your phone.

Step 2 - Connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable. When prompted to install the drivers use the drivers from the ZIP provided above.

Windows will probably not be able to find the drivers:

You will need to manually install the drivers from Device Manager. Quickest way to get there is to press the Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Type in devmgmt.msc:"

When i connect the phone, i get no prompt to install the drivers, do i need to delete the current drivers for the phone?

Anyways, i tried to install legacy drivers, scroll down to modems (as the drivers simulate that), i go ahead and browse to the .inf file, but the computer doenst detect a thing.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Yes you do. If valid drivers are currently installed for any device, Windows will never prompt you, it will just use those.

Aight, what a pain lol. Deleted the whole usb controllers and stayed without a mouse and keyboard for a while :p

Anyways. i redownloaded the drivers thing and deleted the proper one, installed the phone as a modem, followed the rest of the steps to the letter, it connects to cdma workshop without problems, but when i click the read button, it says failed... device does not answer.

I even changed the default com (3) to 4-5-9 etc, disconnect the phone and reconnect it so it refreshes, it still connect, but same error when i try to get the code.

Phone is already rooted, and i downloaded an app called "my device info" (which popped out when i tried to install the msl reader), such app confirms that the phone is rooted.

Any ideas?

But thanks for taking some time to help me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones