• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will this solve a downloading problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raekwon

Jul 31, 2010
US
So, lets someone really liked to watch the new UFC pay per views and up until now used torrent programs and places such as xxxxx to find them. But then their evil ISP shut down their internet and made them sign all sorts of big brother nosey ass agreements to get it turned back on. Would using the wired tether option on my phone and obtaining said pay per views through that prevent my isp from ever being involved? I hardly think sprint would notice if someone used a few gigs per month of data. Do they get involved with copyright stuff and what not? Also, What IP and MAC address is used when you are accessing the internet through your phone? Thanks for any info and I hope I am not breaking any rules by asking about this fully hypothetical situation. :D

I'll only address this as far as IP addresses and MAC address.

IP address don't mean anything. They are logical. MAC addresses are physical and linked to a particular device. Software does exist, however, that allows for this to be 'spoofed'.

Sprint can cancel accounts for that type of activity, there was a post not long ago about someone who used too much data....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones