• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories wireless charging pad options

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
I found a pretty good link
that describes the fast charger from Samsung for almost $90. I think that I'll get the one from Amazon (same fast charger) for about $20 cheaper https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4X7SZ&linkId=02644dacbf84b3521b812100534ec6b3 .

In the mean time, I've been using another fast charger that works really well with the SGN8. I just love the wireless charging feature for convenience, but in the mean time, here is a nice functional multi charging quick charger.
20171127_013616_resized.jpg 20171127_013638_resized.jpg 20171127_202806_resized.jpg

hey guys i recently bought 2 wireless chargers from 2 different national retailers...and i noticed that the samsung wireless charger came in 2 different types of retail boxes..i am just curious if you think one of them is a fake? i recently researched how many fake samsung products there are out there and was worried about getting a fake.. thanks for your help..

the first retail box from the first store looked like the one in this video:

the second retail box from the second store looked like the one in this video:

can anyone please shed some light on this for me? thank you its greatly appreciated..

Upvote 0
hey guys i recently bought 2 wireless chargers from 2 different national retailers...and i noticed that the samsung wireless charger came in 2 different types of retail boxes..i am just curious if you think one of them is a fake? i recently researched how many fake samsung products there are out there and was worried about getting a fake.. thanks for your help..

the first retail box from the first store looked like the one in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/-1M2x-1_e0M?wmode=opaque

the second retail box from the second store looked like the one in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/TAtV7-KwImY?wmode=opaque

can anyone please shed some light on this for me? thank you its greatly appreciated..

Check the fine print on the back. And see if it says 2016 or 2017. Some of the micro sd cards they sent out were left overs from last year

Upvote 0
When in doubt, only purchase from reputable sources. You can reach out to samsung directly , give them the sku and get confirmation directly.

thank you very much for your reply...i bought one of them from walmart it stated sold by and shipped by walmart but when they sent it out it stated it came from xentris wireless? the other one came from amazon which looked to be opened?

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
if you are concerned about the integrity of the product, return it. fakes are getting more and more difficult to spot now since virtually everything is made in asia, so purchasing from reputable dealers (walmart would not be my first dealer/vendor) is key.

again, speak with samsung directly. give them the sku/product info off the box and the serial numbers.

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding. I'm speaking about all of the mixed reviews online. For example, on the Samsung site in the link I sent, the pad received 2.9 of 5 stars. I understand that you can't please everyone, but I was just looking for a more favorable input. I'm an Amazon power user so I'm aware that I can return it. I am just trying to do my homework and not have to go through the return process if I choose from a better informed position. It seems that some folks are looking for comfortability and aesthetics, and others for actual protection (which is what I want).
I hope that it is not poor etiquette to respond to one's own post, but here I am! I was able to get my hands on one of those Samsung Convertible Fast Charging Pads today and test it. From what I observed, most of the reviews on their website are correct...it has issues with the SGN8 in a case and out of a case. My 8 wouldn't charge while it was standing up because it is too tall. I could lay it sideways, but I had to REALLY work hard at positioning it in the right spot so that it would charge. I have the Otter Box case. The Samsung sales rep said that in his observation, you have to lay the 8 on the pad while it is flat and then it would have not issues. He was correct. Having said that, I opted for a second charger(Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Pad with MicroUSB Charger) for $39.99. It was listed as $49.99 but I asked if they did price matching (Best Buy) with Amazon, and the answer was yes. Therefore, I got it for $10 cheaper and I'm happy that I have another charger (one for the bedroom and one for the office).

Upvote 0
What are your favorite nice attractive wireless charging pads for the N8?
Does not have to be fast charging speed.
Maybe any types that are like a thin sheet, or at least 5-inches in length so phone does not slide off.
Please post web links to product.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the one that I went with. I now have two of them and they work great so far with no major issues. The only "minor" issue that I have is that it casts off a rather bright blue light around the bezel, and it lights up the room at night. That was easily resolved with electrical tape:cool:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Cert...-4&keywords=samsung+fast+wireless+charger+pad
71Mh5r7V3gL._SL1500_.jpg This is the actual one that I got (black & blue). If you are going to go with a wireless charger, and you have a Note 8, then you probably should get a "fast" charger. The 8 can eat up some power and you never know when you'll have to leave with as much "charge" as you can get!

Upvote 0
This is the one that I went with. I now have two of them and they work great so far with no major issues. The only "minor" issue that I have is that it casts off a rather bright blue light around the bezel, and it lights up the room at night. That was easily resolved with electrical tape:cool:
Perhaps I spoke too soon. The original one that I purchased from Verizon almost 3 months ago still works very well. However, the one that I got from Best Buy almost 2 weeks ago failed. About a minute after I placed the 8 on the charger, it would start flashing and stop charging. I found online that there are many folks out there with the same issue. Some banged it on a table and others blew air through the fan to get it to work again. I returned it earlier tonight and so far, the replacement works. I asked the service rep about it and he said that he had the same issue, but after getting another replacement for his, it works very well.

One thing that I noticed is that Verizon sells a different model than Best Buy. They are pretty much the same except for the model number. Time will tell, but hopefully there will be no more hiccups. I really like this wireless charger.

Upvote 0
I have 2 Samsung convertible chargers. One from samsung direct and the other from Samsung’s store on amazon . Had them both before I had the phone, and both still work flawless.

I use the both daily , one at the bedside, and the other in my home studio.

I even got the things to charge the samsung in the samsung military grade case (as long as the phone lays flat and on the exact spot.. :) )

Here’s another charger that is equally as good as the samsung:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Cha...073TS2GYP/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

It was able to charge the note 8 in the military case in portrait mode.

And yes I actually have this charger as well so i know it works.

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones