• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WMV/AVI player for Android??

i found yxflash to be really jumpy. audio is fine but the video is lagging!

but is this becuase im playing a file which hasnt been converted to the proper screen size, e.g. downsized to fit the screen?

No, I don't find that any conversion is necessary. Are you using the N1? I used it on the droid and it was choppy, but the N1 works fine. Maybe try another file. It could be a problem with the encoding of the particular movie you are playing.

Upvote 0
Here is a little known Chinese player. It has been converted to English by members of XDA...I believe the below is the latest English version. For me, shorter xvids like tv shows work pretty well, but longer movie type files (1GB +) can crash the program...So YMMV...But hey, it's free!

Wuzhenhua_Player_4.1_EN.apk

Claims to play the following, but I've only tried xvid...

4xm,8bps,aac,ac3,eac3,amv,ape,dca,imc,alas,rm,rmvb ,nuv,ptx,tta,wma,wmv,flic,
flac,flv,g726,h261,h263,h264,mp1,mp2,mp3,mp4,smc,t mv,dvdsub,dvbsub, divx, xvid

Upvote 0
I was scrolling through the thread reading posts thinking "seriously, nobody mentioned Rock Player?" and was about to post the APK file.

Its all about Rock Player!
This thread is pretty old and rock's public beta is pretty recent so that's prob why :p
Rock rocks btw, great development and I hope they keep focusing on improving playback and codec support!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones