• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wont power on. Stuck in boot loop.

Were you in a verizon Corporate store or some other "Verizon Authorized Retailer"?

I can tell you from my experience, it DOES make a difference...

I walked into a VAR store one time and went over to look at the phones on display. Only customer in the store. I had to ask the guy behind the counter to help me. He came over and I asked to see a working version of the then new BIONIC. (since all they had on the shelf was a picture of said phone) He informs me that they do not have a demo of that phone. I look around and see nothing but pictures of phones all around the store. I ask do you have ANY phones that actually work? He says just my personal phone, and pulls a BB out of his pocket.

I seriously doubt that if I would have walked into that store with a problem that they would have been willing or able to help me.

Upvote 0
I have had exactly the opposite experience. I refer everyone in my area to the VAR store instead of the corporate store.

I think you just found a lousy store.

When the Bionic came out none of the stores had them for demo. I got mine on day one from the VAR in my town. (She had a personal Bionic that she let me try because there weren't any demos.)

... Thom

Reactions: SNeitzel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones